Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years

Well were less than 5 hours away until the ball drops and a new year begins.  I myself, am not big on "resolutions", either you do it, or you don't. What I do like about the new year starting is, people taking a look at their life and seeing how they can improve themselves. This is very exciting to me because I get to be apart of that journey with them and help them to reach their goal. So I'm wishing everyone a happy and healthy New Year!
Here's a great idea for any meal time...chicken quiche with a spinach and strawberry salad. This was an awesome meal my Mom made, nice and light.  Afterwards, I read the pie crust box and for the size of slices we had the crust alone was 200cal. way too many calories for just the crust.  So my mission is to create a low cal. version of this, keep you posted.


1 pre made pie crust                          * 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 cup cooked chicken                          * pinch of salt
1 cup asparagus (sautayed for 5mins.first)
1/4 cup green onions
1/2 cup mushrooms
3 tblsp sun-dried tomatoes
LAYER ALL THIS IN pie crust
mix together 2 eggs, 3 tbsp. flour, 1 1/4 cup milk(I used plain, sugar free almond milk...allergies) 
BAKE for 45 mins. at 350 degrees...the more veggies you add, the longer it takes to cook, ours was almost 55mins. ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy.

    I make crustless quiche. It cuts out a lot of calories and I've never had a 'sticking to the pan' problem. Also, I use skim milk... as it's all I buy. Works fine for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I was thinking that, but without the crust it's just like an omelette...there's GOT to be some kind of low fat alternative, not sure if it will taste as good as a pie crust! I'll work on it and see what I can come up with, thanks for your comments ;)

    ReplyDelete