Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Monday, December 5, 2011

The holiday rush begins!

Ahhh the Christmas rush has begun, felt it this morning trying to get err ons done before preschool was out.  I tell myself every year to mellow out, and not put unrealistic expectations on myself.  Why do we do this to ourselves...it's the same as setting our fitness goals, are our expectations to high, are we over scheduled and burning the candle at both ends.  I'd say yes! My clients always say they need their work outs to keep them sane.  So somewhere, something has to change, don't be afraid to put yourself first.  When Mommy's happy, the family is happy! I taste tested some Power Protein Oatmeal pancakes on my Boot Camp clients this morning.  I think they hit the spot right after a work out.  I made 4 palm size pancakes, nutritional breakdown per pancake  Cal.71 /  Protein 5g / Fat 2.5g / Carbs 6g / Fiber 1g / Sugar 0
Here's the recipe:

Ingredients

    6 egg whites, beaten until fluffy 1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese 1 scoop vanilla protein powder 1/2 cup oatmeal, uncooked 1/4 cup wheat germ 1/4 cup flax seed 1 tsp baking powder 1 tbsp canola oil 1/2 tsp cinnamon


Directions

Place all ingredients except egg whites in a food processor and pulse or blend until mixture is uniform.

Pour blended ingredients into a bowl and fold in the egg whites

Prepare a griddle with cooking spray. Ladle pancake mixture onto griddle and cook until both sides are browned.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Mel! I think I will be trying those pancakes this week. Erin

    ReplyDelete