Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Monday, December 12, 2011

C is for cookie...I mean vitamin C.

OK feeling a little under the weather, need to load up on the vitamin C and fast, although at this point, not sure if it can help me.  Here's a yummy recipe, turkey stuffed peppers, super low fat and packed with vitamin C.  Did you know red, yellow and orange peppers are packed full of vitamin C, one pepper contains about 345mg, more than your daily dose which is between 75mg-for women and 90mg for men, so dig in! Quick side note, I often get asked if one should work out if they have a cold.  Each to his/her own, for myself, I took today off because I feel really tired and my head is foggy, other than that I'm fine.  You don't want to bring your germs with you to a gym, no one appreciates that, and if your tired, take a rest day, you'll likely recover faster.  Unlike my visiting brother who is sick as well, went to the gym today, almost threw up in the car, still went in for a work out, did 3 exercises, felt faint(ya think!) and then finally left...take the day off people! 
Here's the recipe, heat oven to 325 degrees, fry up 1 onion, add 2 packages of ground turkey, while browning add 1 Tblsp Cumen, 1 tsp garlic powder and some pepper, then add 1 cup mushrooms and 1/2 cup salsa. When that's all cooked up add 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, mix altogether.  Cut peppers in half, and stuff with turkey mixture.  Use a large baking pan and fill bottom with chicken stock just enough to cover bottom pan, so peppers don't burn.  Place stuffed peppers in pan, load into the over for 30mins. then your good to go! kids love them with a bit of cheese sprinkled on top, enjoy.




1 comment:

  1. yumm yumm I love stuffed peppers and always for get how quick, easy and yummy they are. Mel, thanks for the blog,advice,recipes and daily dosed of laughter....

    ReplyDelete