Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

What to do with left over veggies?

Have you ever opened the veggie draw in your fridge and gotten frustrated by all the  rubbery veggies staring back at you.  You had good intentions in buying them but somehow just forgot. All those poor lonely veggies, just waiting to be eaten.  Well here's a yummy recipe that even the kids will like.  Cut up any and every veggie you want, I used yams, mushroom, peppers, cauliflower and onions.  Set oven to 400 degrees, use a roasting pan, put 2 tblsp olive oil in the pan, add veggies, toss it all up, and I like to add Club House brand Montreal Steak spice and bake for 30mins.  For the kids I sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on top.  Cold left overs are great in salads or wraps, or reheat with some eggs, enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Great idea Mel, I never thought about roasting them.....I'm sure my fridge has some little treasures waiting for me!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin,my fridge has many treasures long past their due date!

    ReplyDelete