Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What motivates you?

Oh MOTIVATION, wish you could bottle it and sell it...mmm coffee for me comes close!  Where do I get my motivation from...well I love my job, that's a start, but don't get me wrong.  I don't go skipping down the stairs full of glee everyday to get my work out in.  I, like you, get into a funk as well.  I've been doing this long enough to know that when that happens, means I'm board and need to do something new.  I remember after having my son, I was going to "allow" myself to take some time off from training and to be guilt free about it, didn't happen.  I was soon down in the gym, trying to work out, some days crying because I was so tired, but felt pressure (from myself only)to get back into shape again, I must practise what I preach!  Well it took over 2 years to get my back sorted out, tough birth, and I was all over the map trying new things.  So just because I'm a trainer and have a gym, I am just like you and need to suck it up everyday to reach my goal.  The only difference is our choice, to either do it, or not. There is no magic pill, or special shake or set work out that is going to make it easier.  IT"S LIKE GIVING BIRTH, loosing weight is not easy! I wish people would stop sugar coating it and say it like it is.  It's really freak'n hard, but we love the challenge, that's what it's all about, not the end result.  When your in your work out, the clock is on, your heart is racing, you can't catch your breath, you think your legs are going to give out, and then you do it... PUSH YOURSELF for that one last rep, that's it, right there, THE MOMENT, it's all worth it, when you thought you couldn't do any more, instead you pushed through the fear and WAhoooo, realized you totally just rocked it! That "moment" is what motivates me.

1 comment:

  1. Great post hun, keep it up...
    p.s. I thought I was the one motivating you? lol

    ReplyDelete