Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Power Balls!

mmmmm I made Tosac Reno's Power Balls today, I handed them out to the evening Boot Campers ( sorry morning and afternoon crew, I have some waiting for you) after their work out, they were a great post workout snack. Note to self, use a large food processor, I tried to get away with using my mini one, what a mess and not powerful enough.  Tried my super blender, just ground the bottom up and an even bigger mess...OK so I was too lazy to walk downstairs and get it out of storage, finally I did, and boom it was done just like that! Here's the recipe,
3/4 cup dried apricots
3/4 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup flaxseed
4 plain brown rice cakes 
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup almond butter, slightly warmed
MIX altogether in BIG food processor, scope out about tblsp size, roll into ball, then roll into sesame seeds.  I ended up with 27 balls, the recipe yields 24.
Nutritional value per ball: 121 cal. / protein 3g / carbs 14g / fat 7g / fiber 3g

No comments:

Post a Comment