Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 14...Look whats put in your food!



Ok I'm going to say it, cover your ears if you can't handle it!  I got like the longest lingering period ever this month, one day here, then gone tomorrow, then back again, enough ALREADY. So the point to my bodily functions is that I was cruising the cupboards last night "big time" I must of ate half my Mom's lemon loaf. Somehow I figured if I ate it in little slices here and there, it wouldn't end up on my ass!  Then desperate for chocolate, I had to happily resort to spoons of peanut butter with chocolate chips sprinkled on top...several times.  Then some fish crackers, and a yogurt.  I'm sure there was more.  My point is, is that we ALL have bad days where our diets suck, so back at it today and eating clean.  My Mom was here this weekend, experimenting with some yummy recipes which I will post this week. She came up with a heathier granola bar, only 8 ingredients in it, below is a comparison with a store bought granola bar with 52 ingredients in it!
 YES 52 ...CRAZY!!!
Here it is1/2 cup no sugar added apple sauce, 2 mashed bananas,
 1/4 cup Sunflower oil, 1 cup chopped dates, 1/2 cup raisins, 1/3 cup unsweetened fine coconut, 1/2 cup w/w flour, 1 1/2 cups rolled oats.
Mix all together in a bowl. Bake at 350 degrees for 40mins.
NOTE. we doubled our recipe in the picture at the top.  Also in the future I would substitute the raisins for cranberries, to cut back on sugar.
Calories for home made is 116 per square as cut in 12 pieces, the store bought is 140cal. per bar.



2 comments:

  1. OMG Mel, thank you! Now I don't feel so guilty for gorging on brownies last weekend. So true, having a slip up is. No reason to beat yourself up, it just means you need to get back in the saddle the next day and refocus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to try these this week, look so yummy! I love how your so REAL, great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete