Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Curious about my day?

Well I was thinking, since the contest(Mel's Resolution Boot Camp) is coming close, 11 days away, I'd give you an idea of what I eat and do for exercise...hopefully this will motivate you, and give you an idea of what to look forward to. Check back later today as I will update the Blog through out the day. Up this morning at 7am, coffee of course and banana.
8:30am work out: I did 12 exercises for a minute each/ 10sec. rest...did this twice. total 24mins. 5 min. warm up/ cool down.
Work out was all out as fast as you can go and as many reps as possible! 
1 Superman push ups / 2 elevated push ups ( note push ups are chest to floor...yes YOU will be doing chest to floor as well) 3 Squats ovhd press / 4 Clean & Press w. 3 jump squats / 5 Reverse Pull ups / 6 Side jump Burpee w. 2 knee to elbow into tuck jump, other side / 7 Front around the world lunges / 8 Ball push up w. burpee, alt.knees up /9 Dips off rings / 10 weighted full sit ups / 11 Squats w. around the world ovrhd press 12/ run...and I added some pull ups at the end.
OK, so don't freak out, this will not be your work out, but all these exercise can be modified to any level, that is the great thing about Boot Camp and having all different fitness levels.  Everyone starts at a different fitness level, you may be strong in the legs and weak in the upper body, the person beside you may be a beginner or advanced, it doesn't matter,were all there to cheer each other on and push ourselves out of our comfort zones.
9:30am Breakfast: 1/2 cup of oat meal, 1 tblsp flax seed and wheat germ and 1/2 apple shredded into bowl, topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Added water and microwaved 45 sec.  I also ate the other half of the apple and...the last tiny piece of peanut brittle, I know B.A.D! see u at lunch.
Enough with the rain already!!! 11:45am Snack: almost had a cookie but instead a big bowl of mixed raw veggies and about 2tblsp. humus.  Lunch 2:00pm: half a w/w chicken quesidilla, full of peppers and onions.  2 oz. cheese, 1 tblsp. Bar B Q sauce was spread all over the wraps.  Then baked in the oven.  I only ate half of this and saved the rest for tomorrow's lunch.  I also had a spinach salad topped w. half orange pieces and a couple of walnuts, dressing was just 1 tblsp. Balsamic vinaigrette.
Dinner 6:30pm: I was starving, doing reno's all day, I was a hungry momma!  Dinner was pretty awesome, we had fresh made burgers with smoked bacon from the Red Barn store, mmmmm highly addictive.  I had it with a w/w bun with a tiny bit of relish and mayo, these burgers don't really need anything.  I had a piece of cheese on the burger til my son stole it.  And there was a stuff potatoe as well, but I had 3 bits and passed it to my husband because the burgers are so filling.  I drink about 4 large glasses of water and 2 cups of herbal tea, ready for bed! see you tomorrow!  

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mel. I would like to incorporate those weighted situps in my workout. How much do you think I should start with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I just used the 10lbs. smash ball or you could use a dumbbell. You could do 8-10lbs. easy. When your lying down, your arms are over head, weight taps floor, then do a pull over w. weights to your chest, sit up, do the press straight up, lower back to chest and back to floor. If you go to heavy, you may risk hurting your back, we going for speed and reps in this work out...I think I got in 15 reps...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mel
    One of my new years resolutions was to follow your blog. I have embarked on my own weightloss mission to lose those pesky baby pounds. I will be looking to you for inspiration. Keep up the good work. Hope little Chase is being a good boy for you, might see you this summer. Lots of Love your cuz Nic
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mel. Gotta get me one of those balls....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicci, awesome to hear from you...I like your New years resolution lol! check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/melaniesleeder I have a beginner work out, it's only 30mins. nice way to ease yourself back into it. Hope your getting lots of sleep! take care, see you in the summer!

    ReplyDelete