Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 31st...Just couldn't resist!

Good morning, well I was on a bit of a "summer" Blog break, lots going on!  Family and friends in town visiting and eating all kinds of wonderful food!  Well, they've all left, and my house and fridge are empty!  So I sit here this morning with my son, eating some kind of cereal with mini marshmallows in it! I have to say, it was kinda of yummy, as sugar packed cereals usually are...they always leave a funky taste in your mouth, possibly the chemicals from the rainbow of colors on the marshmallows!
Well after a few days of treats I need to get back on track. I actually worked out alot, my friend Carol Ann was visiting me from Vancouver, who I trained since 2005, WOW how time flyes!  We did the test run for my month end Boot Camp WOD, Mel's Mudder Madness race, and made sure it was challenging.  But have to say handfuls of this and that and...the new Bacon Bar-B-Que 3rd pounder from McDonalds is not making me feel so hot!  How do I get back on track???  Well for starters, all the junk food is out of the house.  I find that if it's sitting in the cupboard and I know it's there, eventually I give in and eat it, so get the crap food out of your house.  Need to write out my meals for the week, then put together a list.  Make sure you account for extra servings for each meal, then you can take those extras and freeze them.  Then I will send my husband to the store shopping, lol !!!  Once I have the food, prep a container of veggies and keep them in the fridge with your favorite calorie friendly dip. Then, when you get the pre-dinner munchies, you can grab that instead of crackers or chips.  I know it's summer and our schedual have run of course, but being organized with just even healthy snacks can help alot to keep you on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment