Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Aug 1st...Mel's Mudder Madness race!

It's done! Mel's Mudder Madness, was awesome!  What is it...once a month in my gym I create a really, tough Boot Camp type workout.  The last Monday of each month is known as WOD (work out of the day) Monday...or hell day as some call it.  It's a big workout, usually takes almost the whole hour.  We work on specific exercises leading up to it, like the One Arm Snatch and ManMakers and then, I surprise them with the rest.  I just finished the Tough Mudder Whistler...
...and was still pumped from it...so of course last minute, and I mean last minute, Sunday, and the WOD is on Monday morning, I came up with the idea.  Tough Mudder meets Mel's Boot Camp.

I combined the obstacles from TM with some of the cross-training exercises we do, and BAM...Mel's Mudder Madness.  This was alot of work!  I had to bribe my son with a McDonalds Happy Meal, put him in the cart at Home Depot, then race around the store collecting pieces for the course.  The guy helping me was super helpful, I know he thought I was nuts, but my enthusiasm won him over!  I put together what I could before the neighbors complained of noise, and then up at 6am and out the door again.  Mommy's little helper!
I burst open my bedroom door in my usual fashion, woke my husband up after 5 hours of sleep(love you honey)to pound in the wooden steaks in for the course.  He opened the front door, and said, "what happen to our front yard?"...I said, "it's Mel's Mudder Madness, isn't it awesome honey!"

So here's the link to my FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/followtheleeder ...
for play by play pictures and comments...if you enjoyed it, LIKE my page! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment