Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

July 1st...Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day everyone!  Well, the sun is trying it's best to come out and warm us all up here in Victoria.  I hope to head up Island, to spend time with friends today and tomorrow, so sun...get to work!  I've been absent on my Blog the last couple of days, because I've just been so tired.  I forgot how much doing and event like Tough Mudder, takes from my body.  This morning has been the first morning I jumped out of bed, ready to go.  I've been napping all week.  Yesterday, I napped for 2 hours in the afternoon, then had a "pre-nap" as my husband called it, before bed!  I had a great talk with my fellow Mudder, Alison yesterday about how the race impacted us...no I don't mean the bumps and bruises, but how it started a fire inside us.  During the race we were raging with energy, when I look back I don't remember any particular hard parts.  I KNOW there was some crazy obstacles and a major mountain climb...but somehow my brain is registering it all as fun, and exciting!  I think as we came to each obstacle, we just got each other fired up!  There was "no try, just do"...Yoda.  I think getting out of your comfort zone whatever that might be for you, ignites a fire inside of you, that just keeps growing. The more you challenge your self, the bigger that fire becomes.  It's your attitude that keeps the fire alive...so next time you think you can't do something, check yourself...try saying, " yes I can do that," sit in it for a moment and open your mind to the possibilities!   

No comments:

Post a Comment