Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 3rd...Michelle vs Box Jump!

Today was the perfect example about what I was talking about in yesterdays Blog...goal setting!  Once a month at my gym, I have all my clients set a goal/exercise to conquer!  Today was Michelle's lucky day...her vs. the Box Jump.  OK so you can see the look on Michelle's face, she's not looking impressed because I asked her to this after tonight's Boot Camp  class.  She was like "what" and I was like "your doing it!"
 So I gave her a few "choice words" to get her going...
 I know one part of her brain is saying, "WTF, Mel is nuts!" and the other is, "OK lets do this!"
 I told her she had to "OWN IT!"...be aggressive, take the Box Jump down!
 Michelle is ready set to go!
 Ahhhh I'm yelling from the gym, so close!
 OK so were on a roll, I give her a breather after 10 attempts or more...I don't want her to get it in her head that she can't do it...once that fear sets in, it's hard to go back.
 So we set up for an assist jump, she can do it and clears the top!
I get out of the way, yell at her a lot...positive things of course, and Michelle gives it her all!  Again, so close...just that darn right toe, is not ready to step up!  The best part of this night was after all this, Michelle was like, I'm gonna do it again tomorrow night, I will conquer this Box Jump!  And she will because of her attitude.  What the mind can conceive, the body will achieve.  Awesome work tonight Michelle, YOU ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment