Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 38+39... Cauliflower Pizza!

OK so I love pizza, it's my "go to" food.  I could live off pizza if I could keep it from piling up on my butt and thighs!  And since that's not going to happen, I must find analternative...my sister in law Lara, sent me a reciepe from recipegirl.com, check the link out below for the full recipe and preparation.
http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/01/16/cauliflower-crust-hawaiian-pizza/
I thought "WHAT" pizza made from cauliflower...I'm still talking myself into liking cauliflower because it's so good for you and so versitile.  So here goes...


Grate 1/2 a head of raw Cauliflower, equals about 2 cups. Then put  into   the microwave for about 8mins...just to soften it up.
                                    mix all ingreadients and press into pizza pan.
        15mins. in the oven at 350 degrees, I used salsa for pizza sauce.


I put ham and pineapple on mine and the kids were the official taste testers! One said, "no way", one tried 1 piece, but that was it and the other had 2 pieces.  I really liked it, good alternative and less calories.  One problem I had was the crust was too soft for me so need to figure out how to make it crispier.  Keep that in mind when you make yours and let me know what you came up with.  Maybe I could have made the crust a bit thinner, otherwise I got 4 pieces from the recipe, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment