Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 29...Aftermath of the Filthy 50 WOD!

OMG that was amazing to watch...you all ROCK OUT the "Filthy 50" WOD today.  It was so exciting to witness the craziness of it all.  You have all had a huge increase in your strength and endurance and it was awesome to see and feel that improvement today.  You can now start reaping the rewards of your hard work and consistency in training.  Months ago if I told you this is the kind of stuff we'd be doing, you probably would have laughed at me and said "no way, your nuts" or not come back to another class!  Well look at ya now!
Above is a description of the "Filthy 50" WOD.
 Here are the trusting Boot Campers, getting their 5min. AMRAP on before I give them a little "treat" before their BIG work out...this is my idea of a warm up!...
 We all jumped in the car, them laughing and giggling, me laughing to myself as they have no idea as to what's about to happen.  I drive to the bottom of Fulton Hill and say, "get out, see ya at the top"...not sure why their giggles stopped...mine sure carried on!
 It doesn't look that steep, does it?
Here's the AM class rock'n out, I know their thinking, wow we sure are glad Mel got us nice and warmed up with that hill run...
 PM class going full out!  
 50 Burpees is a lot...even I have to agree to that one!  I know their smiling...
 Mind over matter baby, you can do this!
 And see just like that, it's all over with...
 Til next month's WOD!
OK...yes this was a brutal work out, I did it a couple days earlier and realized why I hadn't done it in almost a year. By the end you have 50 Burpees and 50 Double Unders left, not sure what was worse.  By the time I got half way through the Burpees, I though my arms were going to fall off, my shoulders were fried from the 50 Knees to Elbows.  Then to try to do 50 Double Unders(1 skip with two rope rotations) right after...you are hyper ventilating and trying to have some kind of coordination but your body is like a wet noodle.  Fi did it best tonight, she went to grab the rope handle in her hand and we both watched as it fell to the ground.  She didn't even have the strength left to hold the rope in her hand let alone skip with it.  Job well done everyone, I knew you could do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment