Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 17th...How bad do you want it?

I saw this picture on FB...it says it all! This is what my old Trainer, from back in the day, followed the quote with,"one half of knowing what you want, is knowing what you must give up, before you get it"...perfectly said Dawn.  One day in the late 90's, I was "trying" to work out.  In the ladies only area, OMG that's so bad, and like many people, a magazine on the floor, trying to figure out how to do what the girl in the perfect outfit was doing...a Deadlift.  Dawn, one of the Personal Trainers there, walk by and I summed up the courage to asked her for help, that was the beginning of my future career!  Dawn was/is a great mentor, she practices what she preaches, doesn't care what people think and dreams bigger than big.  This is the best advise that I can give anyone.  When you open a fitness magazine, and see a beautiful model, what do you think?   She was born that way? Do you look at the picture and think, hey I eat pretty good, and I work out alot, how come I don't look like her...because your only giving it 60-70% effort, the model gives it 100%, that's the difference.  She doesn't eat clean "sort of" everyday she passes up on temptations because she has her eye on the prize.  And her work outs, are hard...real hard, like 5am and knowing she's exhausted but finishing the work out anyway.   Not sitting on a bike or running on a treadmill reading a book, or dancing around in a gym chit chatting.  Oh I could go on!  So next time you see a fit person with envious eyes, check yourself, and ask are you willing to work that hard.  If your first thought is a " CAN'T" or an "EXCUSE", welcome to the hamster wheel of negativity, cause that's all your going to get.  If your first thought was a "HOW CAN I", you are on your way to greatness because in that moment you believed in yourself, and once you start doing that your world can open up to any possibility YOU CHOOSE!

No comments:

Post a Comment