Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 26...chocolate fudgsicles!

OK so Lara sent me this recipe for a healthier version of chocolate fudgsicles via http://www.damyhealth.com I have to say I was quite excited, so I got busy in the kitchen...here's the ingredients. I didn't have Pumpkin puree so I used apple sauce instead and I didn't have any Stevia so added a wee bit more honey.

 The recipe also called for 1 banana but I ate the last one while reading the recipe...opps!  But I dug deep in the back of the freezer and found 1/2 a frozen banana.
 It finishes up nice and thick, I watered it down with some fresh coffee instead of powdered instant coffee...hmmm I seem to be getting further and further away from the original recipe.
 Chase was excited for the official taste testing...Warren not so much, I think he's still finding spinach in his teeth!
 I had lots left over, could of filled half another container.
 Chase pumped and ready for the frozen treat...
Here he goes...3 bites in and he said, "Mom you have to make better fudgsicles" and gave it back to me.  I tried to finish it only because I didn't want to waste it.  OK even I couldn't finish it.  There's something to be said for following the recipe exactly...Overall, they were not too bad, I was hoping they would be more chocolaty.  For the cost of the ingredients I think I will have to pass on this one and stick to the "Skinny Cow" frozen treats.  If you find a way to make it tastier, let me know!

Ingredients:
  • 4 Avocados (Pitted and Peeled)
  • 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
  • 1/3 Cup Natural Nut Butter
  • 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
  • 1/2 Cup Spinach
  • 1-2 Tsp Instant Coffee (Optional)
  • 1 Banana
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • Dash of Salt
  • 6 Packets of Stevia
  • 3 Tbsp Agave (or Maple Syrup/Honey)
Directions:
  1. Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth.
  2. Scoop mixture with a spoon into popsicle molds.
  3. Place in the freezer for 5 hours – overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment