Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21...Mt.Work hike

Ahhh the long weekend is over, the weather was great, got to relax and go for a little hiking adventure!  My brother is in town, so we decided to go on a hike to a local mountain, Mount Work.  I'd give you directions but we got lost too!  We started out, by my brother NOT bringing the directions...going to be a long day!  We found a park, got our gear on and off we went!
 Started out great, beautiful lake, lots of families out fishing, perfect day for a hike!
 All morning my brother was teasing me, calling me a "Princess" saying I won't be able to handle the hike...this comes from the same guy who won't even try one of my Crossfit classes...who's a Princess?  Anyway, this is what HE calls a hike, this is a dog walking path!
 We hit a dead end, 5 minutes into the hike...I'm already hungry and have to pee, going to be a long day...
 One option was to use the emergency phone for direction, nope instead we choose the little old lady with 2 dogs and her handy umbrella to draw directions in the dirt.  As we left I asked my brother if he got that, "Oh ya" he says.
 Finally after driving in a loop, using the map in the car and asking a lady walking down the road where Mt.Work was, we found it!
 Uh ya this was no cake walk, straight up right away, kinda reminded me of the Grouse Grind, a smaller version.  There were some areas that flattened out, but lots of climbing up rock and over roots.
 Almost at the top, perfect day for a hike...
 We stopped here, I think you can keep going around a bit further but the trail drops down so you'd loose the view.   Took us 55 min. to get to the top.
 What a view, downtown Victoria one way and here is Finlayson Arm the other.
 Took a rest break, with Mom's homemade banana bread! We decided to run back down to the bottom, took half the time, but watch out for the roots, I almost face planted!
Then of course I deserved a pig out meal!  We went to My Chosen Cafe for the "beef sandwhich"...it's all about the gravy!  Thanks for the great day, we'll have to see who's the "Princess" in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment