Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May 15th...better than ice cream!

Ok, so I think I've found the "Holy Grail" of an ice cream substitute.  I'm allergic to milk, and summer is coming so that equals ice cream cone time but none for me.  Here's the deal, I made my version of ice cream out of plain Greek 0% yogurt, protein powder and fresh berries. 


 First I mixed 3/4 cup yogurt with 1/2 scoop protein powder, blended it up.  I added a Tbsp of water just so that the mixture wouldn't be so thick. ( you may need to add more)  Poured mixture into an ice-cube tray, only half way full, added berries, covered with mixture.  Put in freezer for a couple of hours.  


Then having my mid afternoon craving, pulled frozen treat out, ran hot water under bottom of tray to loosen up.  Pop out each cube, and enjoyed them!
These are seriously awesome, WHY!  Because each cube contains 4 grams of protein and, only 20 calories.  I love having guilt free treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment