Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October 30th...You can have this, or you can have that!



WOW...this cup of mixed berries has only 8 grams of sugar, so that equals 1.8 tsp of sugar.  The fruit bar has 29 grams of sugar, so that equals ALMOST 7 tsp of sugar!  I took the picture on an angle so you could see what 7 piles of sugar, look like!  OK...I have to say, even this surprised me.  Truthfully I am guilty of eating these BUT, I was on the West Coast Trail at the time and didn't have the luxury of fresh fruit.  It's the "convenience" of food that is increasing our obesity rate, especially in children.  I know sometimes it's just easier, I get it, but you have to try to be mindful of what you put in your mouth in order to reach your goals...last time I checked strawberries were round and soft, not hard and in the shape of a chocolate bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment