Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

October 4th...Paleo Shepard's Pie...just in time for Turkey-lerky!

OK here's my twist on an old favorite, Shepard's Pie.  So this month in my gym, I'm encouraging everyone to "get on" the Paleo Wagon.  I've talked about the Paleo diet many times before and how awesome it is for like 100 reasons, go to http://paleodietlifestyle.com/ ...get yourself up to speed and discover just how yummy healthy eating can be!
 OK so I'm all about saving time, so I cut up the sweet potato, cauliflower and onion, put it in a baking pan, a little olive oil and seasoning.  In the oven for 400 degrees for 50mins...
 then I sauteed onions...
 added the ground turkey and pork, browned it...
 OK so the pre mixed Shephards Pie seasoning is NOT Paleo friendly  cause I'm sure there's some kind of preservative in it, but it just tastes so darn good...and it's fast...note to self, will find a real seasoning mix...
 so by this time veggies should be roasted and soft enough to whip up...feeling lazy so I used the mixer instead of the hand masher.  I added some butter and a tiny bit of milk to soften it up a bit more...
I used the same roasting pan...less dishes!  Meat on the bottom, mashed veggies on top.  I was not sure if the kids would be crazy about sweet potatoes and cauliflower topping, instead of white potatoes.  So I added some cheddar cheese on top, and no, cheese is not on the Paleo diet, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get the kids to eat it!  
INGREDIENTS:
Ground turkey / extra lean ground pork / 1 onion / 2 sweet potatoes / 3/4 head of cauliflower / 1/2 cup cheddar cheese / Club House seasoning mix...B.A.D.  I know, but soooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment