Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

June 7...17 D/D Taco Salad...Day 4!

OK so I was a little hesitant to try the Taco Salad only because last time I had Tacos or maybe it was pizza, I had an Acid Reflux attack...so me and spicy foods don't get along!  But I'm tired of chicken Monday, chicken Tuesday and chicken Wednesday...today is Taco Turkey Day, bring it on!  I have my ingredients...lean ground turkey and a packet of "reduced sodium" seasoning.
Below, I added fried onions, red peppers, and mushrooms to the ground turkey mixture.  Instead of using a Taco shell, which to just let you know, that in a resteraunt that "shell bowl" your salad came in, is a wopping 900 calories. So no shells for this Turkey, just a big plate of lettuce, fresh tomatoes and a sprinkle of cheese.
 The other 4 people in my family, my husband and 3 boys will be enjoying their version of taco's...added rice, re-fried beans and sour cream. 
 Here, I just cooked the 2 versions at the same time so there is no extra effort or reason for me to be eating the beef tacos, no excuse to not eat healthy.  The beef is extra lean, but in the 17 Day Diet, we can't have beef til the second phase.  
From this one package of Turkey I will get 4 portions, so I will freeze the rest and have it again next week...Here was my Taco Salad dinner, I also added about 2 tbsp of my cilantro/citrus dressing on the lettuce, just to give it a kick!

Try to keep in mind Rome was not built in 1 day.  Try to do your best each day, if you stumble, no worries, get back at it.  The point is, is that you are trying and doing a bit each day.  Sooner than you think, those changes will add up and your choices will become a habit, then a lifestyle.  Our goal is slow and steady, this we can maintain.  Wanting to loose 20lbs. in a month by drinking shakes will only come back at you, and that 20lbs.lost will become 30lbs. back on.  I had a great chit chat with Christine M. today, we talked about having patience with ourselves, taking it one day at a time, and focusing on our OWN goal and what is important to you.  My thoughts were I'm almost 40 years old and at some point I must make peace with myself when I look in the mirror.  Everyday is different, sometimes I look with confidence and sometimes I'm like WTF, when did that happen! lol The point is let's enjoy this journey and have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment