Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Friday, June 1, 2012

June 1st...Frozen Mango Madness!

I was shopping at my favorite store...don't need to mention it, and saw in the freezer aisle "smoothie" bars, the mango of course caught my eye right away and I started salivating right then and there! I grabbed the box and flipped to see the label, eeekkkk why does the sugar per bar have to be so high!


 So I put them back and decided to make my own...
 I used 1/2 cup 0% Greek Yogurt, 3/4 cup frozen mangos and just under 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice.  You can use less juice, just depends how thick you want it to be.
 OK yes...my popsicle container looks brutal, it's broken in half from my last fudgsicle fiasco which fell out of the freezer and broke in half.
End result, super yummy-ness! Note, I had to crank my blender on speed 5 to mix it up, so if the fruit had been thawed, it might taste even better with little mango chunks in it. This recipe yields 6 popsicles, at 78 calories, 8g sugar, and 3g protein each.  The box brand has 120 cal, 12g sugar but depending on which one, the calories and sugar are more, so stick with the homemade kind...your tummy and butt will thank you! 

2 comments: