Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June 19th...Day 16 of the 17 D/D...Tough Mudder and Green Tea, what a pair!

Well I woke up this morning realizing that Tough Mudder is only 4 days away! I feel good and confident. The reality is, I think for something like this type of race/activity, it's all in your head.  I work out for a living so the physical part does not scare me...I actually think it will be a lot of fun.  I'm not going to "race", I'm going to finish and have fun...of course I'm doing it for the challenge, so my head is focused on that and not how hard or crazy each obstacle is going to be.  It will be what it will be, I will deal with it then.  My concern now is getting my energy levels back up.  I have decided to add in some carbs before the first phase is done because simply...I need more energy.  This week I've slowly re-introduced oatmeal and some whole wheat bread, my white burger bun was not what I was thinking...weak moment.  I feel awesome with the oatmeal added back but when I have bread, my stomach totally bloats out...so trying not to use bread.  I have to step up my game this week and get on it as far as liquids go.  The book wants us to have 3 cups of Green Tea a day.  So I went down town to a tea store called Silk Road and found some yummy Green Tea blends...
I choose, Japanese Sour Cherry, Mango Shade and Casablanca.  They are all great, I find regular green tea too bitter.  These, I just made a big pot and then cooled it in the fridge for iced-tea.  Here's what the book has to say about the benefits of Green Tea...There are certain natural chemicals called catechins in green tea that increase fat-burning and stimulate thermogenesis, the calorie burning process that occurs as a result of digesting and metabolizing food.  So drink up!  

No comments:

Post a Comment