Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Friday, June 22, 2012

June 22nd...Tough Mudder in 1 DAY!

Well the day is almost here, I'm up early, 5am with coffee in hand to get things organized and do a little work out to stay relaxed.  Alison, my fellow Mudder will do the race with me and her awesome daughter Rachel has volunteered to be our "official" photographer, our driver and in general to keep us out of trouble!  Girls road trip, I'm soooo excited!  Totally have all the junk food packed for after...not worried about calories, as the race is between 10-12 miles, so a pig out will be in order!  Spent a good part of the day and night getting our our Tough Mudder outfits ready...
My shirt says, "Bring it on T.M." and Alison's says, "It's Never too Late!" and of course there are the tutu's, yes Mel is going to be wearing a tutu.  My husband asked me why, I said that it's all about having fun out there, some of the obstacles are going to be ridiculously hard, so why not have some fun with it.  I know some peoples reactions are like...you are crazy! All I can think of when I hear that is, WHY NOT, and how fear has such a hold on them.  Who cares what position we come in tomorrow, the point is, is that we are going to meet fear right in the face, and then kick it to the curb.  This is getting outside your comfort zone...when I asked Alison to join me, she didn't even know what is was, but said, "I'm in"...I did ask her to Google it quickly, just so she knew what it was about and did not want to kill me, at the start line!  She said, "Holly Sh*t, let's do it", I love that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment