Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Friday, June 15, 2012

June 15th...Day 13 of the 17 D/D...I found chocolate!

Ok so I've excepted the fact that during my period on this diet I must consume some carbs if I want to stay sane and not be locked up!  So this morning I did a protein shake, and a bowl of Greek yogurt with some strawberries and a bit of granola.  Then I met Fiona for a lunch date and had eggs, potatoes and a salad.  Felt actually full after the meal.  I find for myself adding a tiny bit of carbs curves the sweet tooth.  Had to do a little cream and sugar refereeing with Fi and her coffee...I know, isn't lunch fun with me!  I have to say, giving up sugar for almost 2 weeks, has not really been that bad, it's not having chocolate right now that is making me nuts.  So in search of some guilt free chocolate, I put the word out and Lara and Crystle assured me that this recipe was super yummy!  So tonight, I went at er and have to agree, YUM!
 Here are all the ingredients, you can get them all at SuperStore, except this Vainilla came from Mexico...
 Here is Coconut oil, hard at room temperature.  You need to melt 4 tbsp. of it slowly in the microwave for about 40 seconds...
 Then add 1/2 cup Cocoa powder to the melted oil...be quick with the rest of the ingredients so that they melt into the Coconut oil...
 This is my action shot of pouring 1 1/2 tbsp. of Agave syrup...
 And then I added 1 tsp. Vainilla, mixed it all up...
Poured onto cookie sheet lined with wax paper...
 So it's optional to add dried cranberries, of course this increases the calories, but is totally worth it...might be too plain without it...place in freezer flat for about 20mins...
 Pull out and brake apart into bite size pieces...
Chase gives it the official kiss of approval...finally something I bake he likes, well not really baked, who cares it's chocolate!  If you look above the middle piece of chocolate is about 90 calories, or the equivalent to 2 points at Weight Watchers.  This chocolate can be as thick or thin as you want it, depending on the contain you put it in...note, once out at room temperature, it melts fast so keep in freezer, until snacking time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment