Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 22st...Protein / Carb snack ideas!

I on Sunday, spent the day "kid-less", with my Mom and we decided we take on Millstream Lifestyles Market.  We started at one end of the store and slowly made our way up and down each asile.  I found it a bit overwhelming because there was just, so much to look at. So many different varieties of food, many I've never heard of, or even seen before.  I pulled out my phone and took lots of pictures so that I could go home and research them all.  I know my Mom thinks I'm nuts because I asked the "produced guy" to step aside while he was stocking the Squash bin, so I could get a picture of all the different varieties!  I said, hey man, I'm writing a blog, this is a cool shot!  On our adventure, we found Edamame Hummas, I was skeptical, but Mom talked me into it.  YUM! it is sooo good.  
In 2 tbsp= 60 cal. 2g protein. 3g carbs. 5g fat. 0 sugar!...this has a lot of flavour, so even 1 tbsp was enough for me.  Last week, I mentioned to make sure all your meals have a carb and protein in them.  This helps to keep your energy levels balanced throughout the day.  So, if you combined this hummus and mixed raw veggies, it would be a great snack. 
Above is a shelf filled with all different types of flour, from beans, wheat, rice, nuts and more!  I took pictures of all of them, front and back and plan to research what they are, how to cook or bake with them and their nutritional values...might take a wee bit of time!  I think people walking by thought I worked there because I had all the packages spread out to take pictures and then had to restock them all!

1 comment: