Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 28th...Creating an Outdoor Workout...might have just a few stairs in there somewhere!


Well it couldn't have gotten any wetter today!  I was torn when making up the workout for tonight's Boot Camp class, what to do...I thought it would be worse to bounce back and forth from a warm gym into the pouring...cold...windy rain.  So I decided why fight it, let's just get wet and get on with it!
So we did our warm up and continued up to Look Out Lake, a little hidden gem in my neck of the woods...perfect location for an outdoor workout...well at least that's what I thought!
Amongst the calm lake and tall tress, is a wondrous site, 78 glorious stairs  and that's where our journey begins!
Tonight's workout was a pyramid of reps...we started with running the stairs, then at the top 1 Burpee and right into 5 walking lunges, then run to the picnic table and do 5 step ups, over to the cement pad and down to do 5 push ups, and then run back to the stairs and repeat.  The reps increase each round, but once you've completed the 3rd round, then they start to decrease...
The stairs didn't seem so bad going down!  By the last two rounds I was yelling at them as I chased them up the stairs, "I'm gonna get you!" 
OK...by the last round, I came up the stairs, went into the last Burpee and then started our last 5 walking lunges, I said, "this feels like Christmas" because it felt like a gift, that there was only 5 walking lunges left! 
That dream, was short lived because as soon as I was done the lunges, the picnic table step ups awaited us...I have to say, those were some pretty high steps...note to self when making up next workout!
By the last step up, I looked as if I were drunk as my legs wobbled me over to the cement pad where our push ups still had to be done!
We had so much fun getting out of the gym and going up to the lake that no one seemed to noticed or care how hard the workout was.  We were just glad to be outside with rain on our face, washing the sweat away and the fresh air refueling our labored breathes!  Ahhh we will all sleep soundly tonight!  Great job everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment