Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 1st, day 1... Paleo time!


OK day 1 of Paleo almost done, so far so good.  I was looking for a picture to post of the things I will have to give up, like SUGAR!  Found one but had to stop looking fast cause all the pictures of candy were making me hungry.  What is the "Paleo" diet, well in a nut shell, you can only eat what the "Hunter and Gathers" i.e. caveman ate.  So NO refined food, only meat, eggs, nuts veggies and fruit.  Depends on how "hardcore" you want to go, I myself will need to keep my steel cut oats in the morning, eggs, dark chocolate and coffee...of course!  I have done this before and have gotten amazing results.  I leaned out, had more energy, no late afternoon naps, my stomach was happy and had some of my strongest work outs!  The idea is clean eating...I'm not going more into it cause we could talk Paleo all day long, go to the link below, do the research yourself and join the "Paleo Wagon"...http://paleodietlifestyle.com/ This website has piles of info and recipes...

I will list my food journal and work outs on the Blog through out the day, to keep it up to date, so check in and see what I'm eating.  As usual the first week is rough, and have to break some bad habits, like wanting something sweet after dinner...and yes you will see some food that I'm sure the caveman was not eating, like canned lemon/dill tuna...I don't have time to go fishing! or Starbucks coffee...not my fault I like to wake up to caffeine and not a Loin roaring in my face! I will post a picture of my abs tomorrow as a before and after picture...I was thinking of my butt, but even that is too scary for me to see up close!!!  So do your research, all the info you need, is on the internet, love to have you join me.  Keep a food journal, keeps you accountable and if you need help, then we have some form of reference.  So as I say "suck it up" you will be amazed at how awesome you will feel and you will see results fast! 
FOOD...
7am coffee, tblsp half n half & Starbucks sugar free cinnamon syrup...had to ease into the idea of Paleo, more like talk myself into it!
7:30am 1/2 cup raw oats(too much, will do 1/4 cup tomorrow), tblsp dried cranberrys & 1/2 apple.
9am 4 1/2 mile run with Alison around Mathseson Lake
10:30am small piece halibut, w. 2 tblsp. homemade salsa, 1/2 cup roasted veggies, 1 cup homemade butternut squash soup.
1:30 small coffee
2pm nap
3pm other half of small coffee!
4:45pm lemon/ dill canned tuna, 4 w/w crackers, orange.
6:20pm extra lean beef burger w 1/2 w/w bun...10 w/w tortilla w salsa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment