Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 12th...need recipe ideas?

Ok so energy level is a bit low this week.  Very frustrating, cause last week I felt great.  So either I'm fighting a bug which would explain my sore throat and runny nose last weekend or I'm not getting in enough calories.  I haven't been calorie counting, just lazy, but maybe I should...I made power pancakes this morning, somewhat Paleo friendly, as I said before I'm not giving up my raw oats and some dairy.  I had 2 for breakfast with some strawberries and feel full.  The recipe makes 2 portions but I made 4, so each pancake has only 71 calories! http://www.eatcleandiet.com/food_and_recipes/clean_recipe/power_oatmeal_pancakes.aspx


You can find more great food ideas in her books below.  I have been a fan of her recipes for awhile...some of the ingredients can get a bit expensive or are just hard to find...use whatever works best for you.

Some other good finds where the 2 magazines below which have great salad dressings, desert ideas and lots more.  The Chatelaine was only $3.99 but the Better Homes and Gardens Special issue was $12.99...but worth it!


FOOD DIARY:
7:45am- got to sleep in! coffee
8:15am-2 power pancakes(142cal) w. 5 strawberries.(20cal.)
10am- 1 Lara bar(140cal) and 1 apple(65cal) w. 1tblsp peanut butter(100cal!!)
1pm-turkey burger(160) w.1 cup root veg. soup(175cal) and 1 turkey pepperoni stick(50cal).

4pm-2 eggs(160) and 3 pieces turkey bacon(90) and 8 Smarties :)
6:15pm- sm.tin of tuna(80) and 1/2 Greek yogurt(100cal) 2 tblsp trail mix(80)
8:30pm- turkey pepperoni stick(50cal).


total calories=1412...I'm sure it could be a bit more, might not have exact stats, let's call it 1500cal for the day. P.S. the Smarties don't count!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment