Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Monday, April 16, 2012

April 16th...Chic Pea cookies, really?

Ok so by now you must know my sister in law, Lara.  She's the one that finds all these awesome recipes and gets me to make them...but when she told me about Chic Pea Protein Cookies, all I could think of was, a cookie tasting like hummus!  WRONG, yum!!! What I love about these cookies is that they are a great base or starting point. I should have read the recipe right through before I started, but having no patience, I didn't.  Anyhow, it states that if you are use to really sweet cookies you might find these a bit bland.  I used dark chocolate because I didn't want all the extras that go with regular chocolate chips.  Adding a banana and some cinnamon or a bit of your favourite dried fruit would really add some WOW to these.  Here's what I used...

Pretty sure most of us have this stuff kicking around in the pantry...I was tired this morning and actually opened a can of white kidney beans first...read you labels!


                       4 squares of dark chocolate equal about 3oz. 


 
Portion size is 1 tblsp. note to self, use a regular spoon and eye ball it, otherwise you'll be there forever scraping the dough out of the tblsp.


 I got 23 cookies out of this batch, works out to 67 calories per cookie, with 3 grams of protein in each!


So you can see the inside, it's soft and moist.  I think even if this time around it was a bit bland, I will still eat anything that looks like a cookie!


Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, well-rinsed
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
  • 1/2 cup nutbutter (I prefer making it a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough by using peanut butter)
  • 1/4 cup nondairy milk (I used almond milk. Water will probably work, too)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
First, drain and wash chickpeas well. Make sure they are well-washed so that the cookie dough doesn’t taste like beans. Add all the ingredients except chocolate into a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Adjust liquid as needed. Stir in chocolate chunks.
Drop dough by Tablespoonfuls on an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400* for 15 minutes or until the bottoms are nice and brown.
Got the recipe from " A Spoonful of Sugar Free"

No comments:

Post a Comment