Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May 14th...Paleo eggs stuffed with tuna salad!

The one thing I tend to do when I'm on an "eating clean" kick is, eat the same thing over, and over, AND OVER.  So I'm kicking chicken to the curb this week!  Bring on every other source of protein possible or what's ever in my cupboard or fridge!  So I'm starring at a can of tuna, some very ripe avocados and craving pickles...what to do?  I remembered back at Easter, one of my clients Kathleen, made these amazing stuffed guacamole eggs with a piece of bacon on top, they were sooo good.  So here's my version...
Here's what you'll need...2 eggs, 1 can tuna, 1 avocado  1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 tsp mustard, 1 pickle finely chopped and 1 green onion, just the green ends...
Get your eggs boiling, at least six minutes, put into cold water to chill and place in fridge...
Mix all ingredients into a bowl, go easy on the mustard as it can be over-powering...
My secret weapon...Epicures' Guacamole dip seasoning, 1 tbsp...my friend Fiona, says it's like "crack-dip" because it's so tasty and addicting...I have to agree!  If you like a more intense flavor, squeeze a little lime juice into the mix...
So instead of chips, I made red pepper boats.  You get the sweet from the pepper and the crunch, just like chips! 
This is a great post workout meal.  The tuna and egg whites are high in protein, which help to replenish your muscles.  The avocado is a healthy fat which make you feel full and the carbs from the peppers are a great source of fiber!  Use the avocado mixture as your base and fill it with whatever your craving!

No comments:

Post a Comment