Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13th...Paleo Pigs in a Blanket with a Mango twist, plus are your fitness goals realistic?

How realistic are your fitness goals?  
I know I often say, "go big, or go home" and I'm not trying to be a "dream killer" here.  I just think that each of us needs to really take a moment, and calculate exactly what it is you want and how you're going to get there.  I like to encourage my clients to think outside the box and believe in themselves, that anything IS POSSIBLE...but you have to be willing to work for it.  I totally believe in "baby-steps"...a friend once told me, the shortest route is ALWAYS, the longest way...By setting smaller goals, your setting yourself up for success.  How?  By building confidence both mentally and physically and not running into burnout or injury.  If you have no plan, even with the best intentions, your willpower will run out and you'll be more likely to fail.  So do your research, talk to people who have achieved a similar goal, pick their brain and ask for their advise.  Plan it out on paper, write the details down, post your goal somewhere you can see it daily, so you can track your success.  The exact amount of effort you put into achieving your goal, is a direct result of the final out come.  
OK so this pile of ingredients might look familiar, as it's from last weeks recipe for Paleo Coconut flour Blue Berry muffins...notice I have some pepperoni sticks in there.  Well I decided that I could use the Coconut flour recipe as my base and treat it like a bread substitute...the possibilites are endless for what you could create and stay with thin the Paleo guidelines...so I was craving me a little "pigs in the blanket", that's where the pepperoni comes in...

Then I spotted my Mango sitting on the counter and thought of a sweet and savory mixture...
I thought this sounded sooo good, but just to cover my butt, I decided to split the mixture three ways...4 muffins have just pepperoni, 4 have have just Mango slices and 4 have pepperoni AND mango mixed together!
OMG the sweetness of the mango and the savory from the pepperoni, heaven in every bite!  I'll list the recipe below, for the "how to", go back a couple of posts to May 2nd and the complete recipe is there...I'm so excited to start my next batch hmmm what am I craving now?  Send me your ideas!

-4 ½ tablespoons of Coconut Oil
-6 Eggs
-4 tablespoons of milk (coconut milk, etc. or if can have dairy) or water
-1/2 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
-1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
-1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
-1 teaspoon Cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
-1 tablespoons Honey or Stevia (optional)
-1/2 cup of mango, finely chopped
-2 small pepperoni sticks, finely chopped









No comments:

Post a Comment