Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 9th...Paleo friendly wraps and day one of chocolate against Paleo!

Well yesterday was my first official day "going Paleo".  I started out great, put coconut milk in my coffee, I had Paleo friendly wraps with my eggs, and no chocolate what soever...until Mother Nature showed up and sucked the energy out of me.  I can make a thousands excuses why I didn't go shopping and do my meal prep...I was in Vancouver all weekend, but that doesn't matter.  If was organised, I would not have eaten a handful of potato chips, a piece of cheese or two on some crackers and a handful of mini Easter eggs...I blame the chocolate on Melissa P for giving it to me on my birthday!  And since this seems like "circle time confessions" I ate lasagna for dinner...B.A.D.  So new day, get on with it and start fresh...I found this recipe for Paleo wraps on www.PaleoOMG.com.  What I liked about this recipe is that this is the base and can be used as a jumping off point to create many other meals.  If you make the mixture thin enough, you can make wraps.  If you like it thicker, you can make pancakes.  Or if you shredded veggies in it and topped it with a tiny bit of cheese, it could be like a mini pizza.  So get creative and see what you can come up with!
Here we go, you need Coconut flour, Lite-coconut milk, 3 eggs (I used egg whites) and a pinch of salt.  And I thought I might try some coco powder cause I love chocolate!  I bought all my ingredients at SuperStore...
Whisk 3 eggs together, then add 1/2 cup coconut milk, 2 tbsp coconut flour and a pinch of salt...
I melted a dab of coconut oil in the pan, then added the mixture, you only need to let it cook for about 2 mins. on each side and then there done!
I thought I'd be creative and add a tbsp of coco powder, which was probably too much as they were good, but a little bitter...1/2 tsp would have been fine.
 Once they start to bubble, flip them!
Place on cooling rack after cooking.  It works out to be about 35 calories each if you get 5 mini wraps from one batch.  I made up 2 batches, let them cool, then placed them in a zip lock bag and into the freezer they went.
So here's my breakfast this morning, scramble eggs and veggies and I popped 2 of the wraps in the toaster to warm them up! The coconut flour has a mild sweetness to it, but nothing over powering.  Going to try this with Almond flour and see how it turns out, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment