Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15th...Week 1 of Paleo, eat cauliflower rice to lean out!

Alright we are one week into our Paleo challenge and my body is going through some major sugar withdraws.  I've done some research and learned that what I was feeling over the weekend was Paleo related.  I started the challenge last Monday, about 70% Paleo, had some ups and downs during the week and yes I ate some chocolate! By Thursday I was on track but experiencing mild headaches throughout the day, then on Friday I felt like I might be getting the flu.  Apparently your body goes through a withdrawal process when you eliminate  sugar, carbs and beans...here are some common side affects you might be experiencing...   
  • Headache
  • Fatigue
  • Lack of energy
  • Lack of concentration
  • Weakness
  • Light-headedness
  • Dizziness
  • Irritability
  • Constipation or diarrhea
  • Body aches
  • Cold sweats
  • Nausea
  • Cravings
There are so many great websites and blogs out there with Paleo info, check out this one for more info on side affects and how to get through the cravings...
 Here are my abs day 1, front and side profile, and yup, those are my sexy Pj's!
For our Paleo challenge I asked each of you to take a picture of your own abs, do it yourself in the bathroom mirror...why do I want you to do this, because if you follow the Paleo diet for at least 5 weeks, you will notice a big change and most of the time it occurs in our abs.  Once you start eating cleaner, you'll notice your stomach go down and the bloating go away.  Once a week I will post a picture of my abs so you can watch the transformation.  I know when I asked you all to do this, everyone was like "oh no"...GET OVER IT PEOPLE, they're your abs!  If you don't like the way they look then do something about it! Don't make me get all "Samuel Jackson" on your ass!
My point is, I want this to be a wake up call and reality check for you to get your butt moving!  I'm also expecting to see your food journal once a week!  So to help you ease into this new Paleo lifestyle here is an idea to swap out rice with cauliflower...
OK yes I was skeptical at first, could cauliflower really mimic rice?  Oh yes it can! All you need is one head of cauliflower and a food processor...a grater works just fine and you get the added arm work out as a bonus!  You don't need a lot, break up cauliflower into little pieces and use the "chop" button...
If you add too much at once the bottom will grind up super fine and you'll be left with bigger chunks on top...
I used a little coconut oil to fry it in on medium for about 8 min...be careful to not over cook it as you want it firm like a rice consistency. I chopped up about 1 1/2 cups which turned into over 2 cups.  
I ate this with curry chicken, it was sooo good, I will post the recipe tomorrow for the slow cooker curry chicken.  I felt full after eating this but not a "heavy" full, it's so light and so good for you, give it a try and let me know what you think!




1 comment: