Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 16th...Slow Cooker Curry Chicken!

So I thought I`d delicate today`s blog to our very own Boot Camper, Diana, it`s her birthday today!  Birthday girl Diana, is the one that let me borrow her new Everyday Paleo book by Sara Fragoso that I`m totally loving, so many awesome recipes in this book. 

Well were a week and a half into this Paleo diet thing and the general conciseness among us seems to be the same, Paleo side affects.  Seems were all in the same boat having head aches, aches and pains in the body, flu like symptoms, break outs, too much pooping or not enough, yes I said poop, get over it.  Were cleaning out our insides and its a process.  The sugar with drawl on your body is pretty hardcore, and you just have to keep your mind busy when you start `Jones`n` for it.  If you can eat every 2-3 hours that will help keep those cravings away til your body re-sets itself.  Stay strong and a week from now we`ll all be good to go!
OMG OK sometimes I'm on it but this time with the slow cooker curry chicken, I totally scored!  This recipe was super easy and super fast to prepare, two things I love.  The chicken literally fell apart and was super moist...hmmm could I say super one more time!
 In a small bowl mix all of your dry spices, 2 tbsp curry powder1 tbsp paprika, 2 tsp sea salt and 1 tsp black pepper.  Place 1 large packet of skinless chicken thighs(about 12) in the slow cooker and pour spice mixture over top, toss together.  Mince up 4 garlic cloves and sprinkle on top of chicken.  Here`s where you can go wild, add whatever veggies you want!  Start with what I have and you can always add more...I have a giant slow cooker, so the more the better, for left overs!  Chop up 1 small yellow onion, 6 carrots, 6 parsnips, 4 celery stalks, 1 cup kale or spinach.  Then place your chopped up veggies on top of the chicken.  Last step, in a small bowl pour 1 cup of canned coconut milk(I used the lite low fat version) and 1 cup of chicken broth, whisk together and pour over everything.  You can cook at high for about 4 hours or on low for about 6-7 hours...

And here it is!  Instead of rice I used `cauliflower`rice which is on yesterdays blog post on how to prepare that.  Going to serve it up tonight and see if anyone notices that I subbed out the white rice for cauliflower...what they don`t know, won`t hurt em!


No comments:

Post a Comment