Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

January 6th...Guilt free Chocolate Protein cookies!

Hello Sunday morning!  I love waking up early and enjoying my first sip of coffee in a nice quiet house!  Then, off work I go...feeling inspired to make something with chocolate and guilt free.  Spent last night cruising recipe books and the internet for some yummy ideas...yes that's my "rock'n" Saturday night!  Here's what I found, Chocolate Protein cookies and here's what you need...
 Protein powder, Cocoa powder, baking powder, egg whites, pureed pumpkin (out of a can), vanilla, and chocolate chip cookies...optional, but why not!
 10 scoops of protein powder, 2 tsp baking powder, 4 tbsp unsweetened Cocoa powder and if you choose, 2 tbsp of dark chocolate chips...mix together... 
 In a separate bowl mix 1 can of pumpkin, 6 egg whites and 2 tsp vanilla.
 Slowly combine wet and dry ingredients.  I sprayed my cookie sheets with a little bit of Pam, then I measured about 1 heaping spoonful of mix for each cookie.  Oven is set at 350 degrees.  Bake 5 mins. on middle rack, then rotate and bake for another 4 mins. I thought the cookies were still a bit too soft for me, so I put them on the top rack for another 2-3mins.
 Perfect!  Let sit for 2 mins. then place on cooling rack.  Out of one batch I got 28 cookies...
 Chase, the "Official" taste tester of Mel's kitchen...drum roll please!
 Yup that's a 5 out of 5 or he's trying to channel Spock with Vulcan signal!
So enjoy your cookie...only 50 cal. each, and 10 grams of protein in each cookie!  I can't even list the fat, carbs and sugar content because there is less than one in each!  By adding 2 tbsp of chocolate chips, your adding an extra 140 calories BUT spread over 28 cookies, that's only 5 extra calories...I'll do an extra push up for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment