Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 16th...What the Sugar!!!

OK so I was out shopping yesterday and I saw this product on a shelf and people stopping to check it out.  I know they saw the "chocolate-like" bar and 100 calories on the box.  I watched them and neither bothered to read the back where the nutrition was listed.  I just wanted to scream NO O O O o o o...like you hear in the movies, in slow motion, and say, " don't do it!" because it will make you crave EVEN MORE sugar, after you eat it.
Here's the devil on your shoulder, Skinny Cow, saying mmm...don't I look sooo good, come on, I'm only 100 calories!
Here it is out of the package, 19g in total.  It was so small and skinny, I had to becareful opening the package so it wouldn't break into pieces.
And you know I couldn't resist telling you...cause someones got to tell the truth here, there is 7g of sugar in this one little bar...that's almost 2 tsp of the "white crack" I like to call sugar!  A calorie is not a calorie, and that explaination is a whole other blog.  Think of your body as a car, be any car you want.  Now, take it through the car wash, hand wax it.  Polish the tires, vacum the inside and wash the windows.  You do a regular oil change and follow the tune up program...you put alot of hard work into making it look good and run well.  NOW, you drive up to the gas station for FUEL...fuel is fuel in the sense your car will run on it, BUT fuel is NOT fuel, in the sense of HOW it's going to perform on it.  My point is, if you feed your body nutritious food, it's engine/metabloism, is going to run at optimal speed/function.  If you fill it with crap...putt, putt putt...your going to be tired, moody and end up with a muffin top or a big back bumper!
Here's my Chocolate Protein Cookies to the rescue!  You can have 2 of these, to equal the calories above 50 calories each, so 100 in total.  Mine, have 10g of protein in each so that's 20g total, the Skinny Cow has 1g in each.  I have 6 ingredients in my recipe...ALL OF WHICH YOU CAN PRONOUNCE.  The "wanna-be" chocolate bar has 17 ingredients, THE FIRST LISTED IS SUGAR!  The moral of the story, take responsibilty for your body and what you put in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment