Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13th...Sweet Tooth!

OK, in my quest to conquer my sweet tooth, which I know is "almost" impossible, I give you my Greek Yogurt Bites!  Not sure if it's the heat or just plain old summertime, but my sugar cravings are brutal!  Yes, I know all the tricks of the trade to try to decrease them, but my will power is pretty much non existent right now.  Do you think it's OK to let your sweet tooth get the better of you every once in awhile, if so, for how long?  This weekend when I was brain dead and my body exhausted, I was watching Dr. Oz, gotta love him...anyhow he had a similar take on this treat, here's mine...
 All you need is 2 cookie sheets lined with parchment/wax paper, 3/4 cup or less Greek yogurt, 5 strawberries(or your fav. fruit) 1 small baggie.
 ...puree berries, with hand mixer...or mush with fork...
 ...put berries and yogurt in baggie, zip it shut and mix together...
 ...then cut a small corner off the bag, note to self, do not pick up bad from the corner with the hole in it, very very messy!
 ...squeeze out "Loonie" size doll-ups of mixture on to sheet, move fast otherwise yogurt and berries starts to melt and separate...
 ...I got 2 full sheets of these yummy treats, place in freezer for about an hour or so, then place in container or baggie and keep in freezer for your late night cravings!
There is less than 3 calories in each...depends how big you make them...3/4 cup of Greek yogurt = 120 cal / over 80 pieces = 1.5 calories...include 5 strawberries, still under 3 calories!  Love to here your tasty combinations!
Make sure you subscribe to my Blog, so you don't miss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment