Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 14th...put some "power" into your pancakes!

OK, 2 days until I leave for the West Coast Trail!  Getting really excited to be able to unplug for a week, away from life's daily kaos and a break from work.  Don't get me wrong I love you all, but I need to go recharge my batteries.  Of course I will be taking my handy dandy note pad and pen, cause...lets face it, my brain does not have an "off" switch!  So, just in case I get inspired and come up with an awesome work out, I want to be able to write it down.  Have to say feeling a little nausea about being away from Chase for 8 days, kinda breaks my heart to be gone for that long and not see him...that being said he is driving me nuts at this moment!
I love my Power Protein Pancakes, there is are 100 different takes on this recipe and I have posted them way back.  Why I love these, because they are  a super food in my books.  Super low in calories, Super high in nutrients and a Super energy food that fills you up!  Here's what you'll need...


    6 egg whites, beaten until fluffy
    1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese
    1 scoop Whey Isolate protein powder (I use chocolate!)
    1/2 cup raw Steel Cut Oats
    1/4 cup wheat germ (already added in my Oats, so is the flax seed)
    1/4 cup flax seed
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tbsp Coconut oil
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
 Place all your ingredients in a food processor, EXCEPT YOUR EGG WHITES!...
 ...blend mixture, no more than 1 minute, you don't want it too fine...
 ...whisk egg whites til light and fluffy...
 ...add mixture to the whites, fold into the mix slowly, don't beat the crap out of it...
 ...once you have a consistent mixture, use your 1/4 cup and pour into frying pan, lightly sprayed with Pam...
 ...keep temperature at level 6, otherwise the pancakes will burn on the outside and be soggy in the middle.  Once the top starts to bubble, flip them over, only 2-3 mins. per side...
    ...out of that recipe I get 8 pancakes...Why are these super...38 calories each, and 3.5g of Protein each!  So double the batch, put the extras in a Zip Lock bag into the freezer and when your low on energy, or need a pre/post work out snack, pull one out, place it in the toaster and add a little dab of Almond Butter or fresh fruit, enjoy!  Remember to subscribe to Mel's Daily Dose, so you don't miss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment