Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

April 5th...Easter SUGAR bunny!

 Ok in the true spirit of the Easter Bunny, I thought I'd point out just how much sugar you might consume if you decide to indulged, just a little bit! One of these little eggs has 1 1/2 Tblsp of sugar A.K.A. " white gold";)


                Not sure if you can even consider this a "Nutritional" value!


 Since going Paleo, I was starting to feel like the Easter Bunny, eating spinach everyday.  My Mom was in town so we got out cooking on!  We made a big pot of soup!  We went through the store looking for pretty much any veggie out there that we thought could work in a soup.


Here's what we put in it:
3 cartons of the " Blue menu" low sodium chicken broth / 5 chicken breasts / 7 big carrots / 1/2 big turnip / 1 red pepper / 1 onion / 1 cup fresh mushrooms / 5 cups fresh spinach / 6 stalks of celery / 3 tblsp Curry powder / 1 tblsp Cumin /pinch of salt and pepper at the end.


I use the super low sodium broth...added flavour with the spices instead of using salt.  I find that once I start eating cleaner, my taste buds come back so I don't need the salt.  Get creative and add what ever you like for flavour.  It's quite a hearty soup and is great for freezing.  Always try to make extra of whatever you are cooking, so you don't eat the same foods all the time.  I get in a bad habit of doing that, then loose it and binge on crap! 


Food dairy
7am coffee
7:30am- 1 piece of Mom's home made banana bread...not a good start!
8:15am- 2 eggs scrambled w. spinach, grn onion, mushrooms, 5 strawberries.
11am- black coffee
12pm- home made soup, 2 cups. 1 turkey peperoni. 2 small pieces of Lara bar.
3pm- 1 apple w. natural peanut butter 1 tblsp. 
5:30pm- Protein shake w. water
6:45pm- 1 turkey burger, spinach salad w. 4 strawberries, 1 tsp. dressing, 2 oz Salmon.
8:30pm-1/2 yougurt and 1 piece...you guessed it, banana bread! arrrrrr but sooooooooo good, did I mention there were chocolate chips in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment