Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Monday, April 30, 2012

April 29th...Times Colonist 10km Run!

Well we made it...Angela, Bev, Christine, Trellia and my cousin Julia, who joined in somewhere along km 3, to finish their first 10km!  I just wanted to say you made me proud!  As a Trainer, this is the best part of my job, when I get to share a huge moment with someone, right as they accomplish their goal...that's pretty special and that's why I love my job.  We had the best day ever!  Car pooled in and planed our strategy, not! We were half awake...my driving proved that.  Scored parking right down town (thanks to Christine) A.K.A. Yellow Coat Warrior...well really it was a "cream coat".  Headed to the start line, briefly lost Angela...A.K.A. Chatty-Patty.  Found a spot in the sea of people, including my cousin Julia and her man, Kyle.  And then we were off, took about 6mins. to actually get to the startline. 

 We were at least 2 blocks up from the start line...


Trellia and I, freezing our butts off waiting to start...


Even with all this body heat, we were still cold and some were wearing way less than my awesome ear warmers...


 So many people, spent the first 2 kms, weaving in and out of them...


Then somehow in the mids of thousands of people, I found my cousin Julia and got her to the finish line...


And apparently we had time to pose for pictures...

Ahhh the beach, were getting close to the finish line...

Only Angela would get a picture of the finish line as were about to cross...


Angela and Trellia, happy it's all over with...or because they just had some yummy treats from the recovery tent!...


 We all made it!  Bev, Trellia, Christine, me and Angela.  We even finished with enough energy to eat some cookies afterwards from the recovery tent.


 Happy, Happy!  Me and Angela...


 Joy, Joy!  Christine and Bev...


 Happy girl with her coffee, I am!




 Post race chit chat, we were all afraid to sit down, thinking our legs would seize and we wouldn't be able to get back up...we need the "Life Line" button!


 Look back at the finish line and what we accomplished today...WE ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment