Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 2nd...Planning for Paleo!


Well April is here, that means time for some spring cleaning and I don't mean lawn furniture or your yard.  I'm talking Paleo clean eating!  If your like me, I'm still getting over my Easter chocolate hang over and most likely will be snacking on chocolate for the rest of the week...just being honest!  So what is Paleo diet?  

Paleo is short for Paleolithic, meaning way back in the caveman days!  The Paleo diet or I should say lifestyle is about eating foods our ancestor's ate, grain-free, real-food, whole-food, and nutrient-dense.  In other words before we made cheese orange with food coloring and then refined it into a "cheese" cracker!  

The Paleo lifestyle consists of lean proteins, fruits and veggies, nuts and seeds, no dairy or grains, and no processed foods or sugar...that includes chocolate, even if it's from a cute little fuzzy bunny!  I know you see that list and go whooo, what is there left to eat...LOTS!  And before you can even go off on a tangent about "how busy" you are, hold up.  I'm going to give you the right tools, motivation, preparation and information you will need to SLOWLY start incorporating this into YOUR lifestyle.  I guarantee you will feel a change in your body with thin a week, bloating will go away.  After 2 weeks, carb and sugar cravings will go away.  In 4 weeks you will see an energy increase and nail some of your toughest workouts. And  within 6 weeks you will totally start to lean out and see your six pack, arm definition and less junk in your trunk!  As with anything, what you put into it, is what you'll get out of it.  I'm not perfect by any means and fall off the wagon for a piece of chocolate or a handful of chips.  You can go hardcore Paleo and get amazing results fast ...but could you maintain that?  Myself not so much, I will go Paleo about 90%...I will still have my steel cut oats in the am and Greek yogurt.  I will show you the way, and once you get the hang of it, you decide how "hardcore" you wanna be and what you can live with and what you can't live without.

This week I will focus on the getting you organised but for today, do some research and checkout this website: http://paleodietlifestyle.com/ 
They have amazing recipes and info so you can see just how painless this is going to be.  So go to the dollar store and get yourself a journal, if you keep a food diary your more likely to succeed because it keeps you accountable...and it works even better when you bring to me for a "look-see"...weigh yourself, take measurements and a cool thing to do is, take a weekly picture of your abs, front and side view to help tract your progress.  Let's get this Paleo party started! Whoot whoo   

No comments:

Post a Comment