Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Monday, March 25, 2013

March 25th...Turkey mini-meatloaves...great for lunches!

This morning I was getting all my meals organised for the week and decided to mix it up a bit.  Instead of one giant meatloaf, that never cooks in the middle for me...I thought I would make mini loafs!
I used ground turkey, egg whites, gluten free bread crumbs, 1/2 an onion and a pre-made meatloaf mix...You could get really creative and add peppers, mushrooms, herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, whatever you like!
In a bowl chop 1/2 onion up into fine pieces, add 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, and seasoning mix package...mix well...
 Add 2 packages of ground turkey or whatever lean meat you choose...
Mix well with your hands to work the mixture through the meat...scoop out "tennis ball" sizes into cup cake pans.  Make sure you lightly spray pan with Pam or lightly grease with a weee bit of olive oil, otherwise you'll end up with a real mess!  
Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for about 25 mins...pull out at 25 mins. cut one loaf in half to make sure it's fully cooked through...
What I love about cooking these mini loaves in the cup cake pan is, that they cook fast and all the way through.  And the added bonus is, they're already pre-portioned and ready to go for you!
 
Sunday is my "use up all the left-over veggies" day.  Some of these veggies, I had big hopes for in creating a great recipe with them...but it never happened!  So I  roasted yams, beets and califlower with a little olive oil and herbs, in the oven at 400 degrees for 45 mins.
OK how awesome is this, load up your lunch containers with a mini loaf or two and add some roasted veggies!  Now you have a couple of healthy meals ready for your work week.  Place leftovers in the freezer for next week!  No excuses not to eat healthy this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment