Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Friday, April 5, 2013

April 5th...The 2 ingredient cookie...REALLY!

I know were going Paleo around here but honestly I love my steal cut oats and I'm not willing to give them up.  O.K. let's get on with it.  I came across this recipe that said only 2 ingredients, I thought really?  So of course I was intrigued and had to check this out.  The base for this is only 2 bananas and 1 cup of steal cut oats...everything else is up to you to add, so let's get started...
2 bananas mashed with a fork, I prefere a hand-blender so that the bananas reach a creamy consistancy...
Add 1 cup of steal cut oats AND my extras are...1 tsp flax seed and wheat germ, 1 tsp chocolate chips, 1 tsp cinnamon and at the last minute I added 1 tsp coconut...
Scoop out a spoonful of mixture on to a WELL GREASED cookie sheet, and I say WELL GREASED or you will have to throw out your cookie sheet...not that I did that!  You should get 12 cookies to a sheet, bake at 350 degrees for 15mins. then let cool for about 2 mins.  Scoop off sheet and place on cooling rack.
These were sooo good, remind me of my protein bars, the only difference is that I add apple sauce and egg whites.  So on that note, the second batch I made, I added a scoop of chocolate protein powder and subbed out the chocolate chips and added dried cranberries...awesom-ER.  I love this recipe because it's a no-brainier and all the ingredients you would have kicking around the house.  So give it a try, just be careful about what you add as the calories can add up fast.  Let me know what you came up with.
And the cookies are great for mini-birthday cakes!  Happy Birthday Karen!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Mel for the mini-birthday cakes aka "good for you cookies" -- so very delicous!!

    ReplyDelete