Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 1st...Easter WOD!

Happy Easter!  OK I know I'm a couple days late, pictures got stuck in cyber-space and not enough hours in a day!  So it just happened that our monthly WOD landed on Easter Monday so of course I had to do a Easter theme...had too!  What better than a good old Easter egg hunt, with a bit of a twist to it... Mel style!  Here we go!
 
Above are my notes for the workout and how to set it up...I filled both sides of the pages!  I was up at 6am downing some coffee, and finishing the last touches.  Class started at 9:20am so by 8:30am I was out the door running around the neighborhood hiding eggs...
Let the fun begin!  I put them in groups and sent them into the front yard to find their first Easter egg containing a hint...
 It was a word scramble for what they had to collect ALL their eggs in...
Well some took longer than others...they should have known better, do I do anything without the tires!
 Off to the tires to find the next clue...
They all missed the main part of the clue which I had to remind them to "re-read" as they were forgetting something...you can collect your eggs with out a TIRE basket people!
 In the tire was another clue which sent them to the "white board"...
 I was really excited about this workout as I was hoping they might get creative!
 The idea was to do the whole workout carrying their "tire" basket and for them to work together as a team to figure it out...
Steady as she goes!  Now ya gotta know that the people who are plank walking with the tires are busting their butt because this was hard...and ya gotta know everyone else watching is thankful it's not them!
Great form Crystal!  Once this workout was completed I gave them the next clue to find something triangular and orange...at which point reality set in and they realized they would be leaving my yard!
Off they went across the street to the cones where a map and de-coding sheet awaited them!
 A special shout out to my son Max who helped write this up even though I forgot to add the bottom part where you fill it in for the am crew.  Well at least the evening class enjoyed it!
 Yup I thought I'd mess with them a bit and get them to think while being out of breath and tire...good times!
 Now this is Dawn's first class so she is either focusing really hard or thinking what the hell have I gotten myself into!
 The map told them to look along the stone wall...
 ...or in the stone wall...good eye Kristen!
Here was their next workout...alot of them missed the bottom part where they had to repeat it 5 times...good thing I was there to remind them!
 When creating this workout, I really tried hard to make sure I had all their favorite exercises in there lol lol!
 And I gave it that little extra something...to do it going up a hill...
 ...don't say I don't spoil you guys!
At the top was a clue waiting...
 I love this house with the little door in the tree...what is that on the ground...another clue perhaps!
 Yes it says "sprint" to the Blue Spruce tree and don't for get your tire...I mean basket!
 I didn't care how they got the tire back and forth as long as someone had it...
It was 4 laps...great hussal ladies!
 I love this picture because Wendy has the biggest smile on her face while working her butt off and the tire says it all "TRY"...too cool...
 I know by this point they were getting tired and after the run, they had to go right into the next work out...this is Mel's Boot Camp and we love a challenge ...
 SO LET'S GETT-ER DONE!
 Doesn't get much better than that, the sun shining and a workout with a view of the ocean!
 They headed back thinking they were done...NOPE!
 Come on, ya knew there might be some double-unders and pull ups in there somewhere!
 Bev's got a grin from ear to ear...she must know it's going to be over soon!  Once they completed their workout, they had to take an egg out of the basket...
 I told them this was theri Easter treat from me...it said "you're done"...








Fabulous work everyone! I love my job, where else could I get to be creative and turn my ideas into fun and exciting workouts!  You all ROCK'D IT today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment