Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29th...FINALLY seeing a light at the end of this "Paleo ABS" tunnel!

What a great way to finish the weekend off, we had the perfect weather for the Times Colonist 10km run!  There was over 10,000 people this year participating and the positive energy was contagious.  It was great to see all different shapes and sizes of people doing their best and working really hard to complete this run.  At the end we celebrated our hard work with a bacon and cheddar stuffed croissant...it was sooo good, I mean really sooo good.  So as we sat stuffing our mouths I was thinking how I could make this divine creation Paleo friendly.  I had a couple of ideas, got the "OK" from Bev and Trellia that this would be a good idea, so stay tuned this week for Paleo version of this.  

Speaking of Paleo, I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of this tunnel...the last couple of weeks have been hard, really hard since  I have to practice what I preach!  Some days I feel just consumed and the last thing I want to do is figure out another Paleo meal!  That being said, I feel great, no stomach aches, no bloating and my energy level is back on track.  The first week and half of going Paleo I was feeling "flu-like" symptoms and I know it was my body detoxing from the sugar and carbs.  When your "Joan-sen" for something sweet or just a loaf of bread, it takes a lot of self discipline to walk away.  Some days I'm strong and some days not so much, the occasional cheat meal has saved my sanity and I feel well deserved! I asked you all to take pictures of your abs so you can see this process unfold and once you start to see the changes in your body occur, it will help to keep you motivated and on track.    
So here I am 3 weeks into Paleo eating and my obliques are starting to kick in, the "baby pooch" I call it, the area under your belly button is ALWAYS the last to go and in order for that to lean out I will have to go 100% Paleo...still working up to that!  So take your pictures this week, get your meals organised and see you in the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment