Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March 11...Rice versus Califlower...can you tell the difference?

OK so I knew I would have left overs from yesterdays Swiss Chard extravaganza, but what to do with it all.  Then I remembered seeing califlower used as a rice substitute from one of our previous challenges by Melissa P. one of our very own Boot Camp-ers!  She made her own homemade vegetable and tomato sauce then instead of pasta, used califlower.  So I deiced to do the same and see if anyone would notice...
 Here's what you need...califlower and a grater...
Cut califlower into 4 pieces and start to grate SLOWLY...note to self, if you go too fast on the grater, the califlower bits fly out EVERYWHERE like popcorn, totally out of control!
 I decided to make Curry Chicken and use the left over broth from the Swiss Chard to add to the sauce for more flavor...
 I sauteed 4 chicken breasts with 2 tbsp Curry powder and 1 tbsp of Cumin.  Then I added 1/2 cup of lite Coconut Milk, froze the rest.  And then added the  rest of the Swiss Chard and broth to it.  In total I used 1/2 the head califlower   to be substituted as the rice.  Put the lid on it and brought the mixture to a boil to soften up the califlower...
Then I called my husband up for the official taste test and he didn't even notice a difference...I inhaled it for dinner, sooo good...might add some fresh cilantro to it tomorrow for lunch left-overs!

No comments:

Post a Comment