Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November 14th...Practical Paleo Book!

 The Above book, Practical Paleo was a total score, got it at Costco for $26...if your into Paleo, this book is for you!  It has everything from Paleo history, how the Paleo diet works with your body, food menu's, spices and lots of easy recipes.  So based on the the last one, I love it already!  I decide to use my family as the official "new recipe" sacrifice...
Spaghetti Squash Bolognese!  You will need lean ground beef and pork, 4 pieces bacon, 3 carrots, 1 celery stalk, 1 onion, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 cup Coconut milk, 3 ounces(1/2 small can tomato) paste, Sea salt and pepper to taste.  And for the sidedish, to put all this yumminess on, we will need a spaghetti squash.
First things first, get your oven on at 375 degrees.  Cut Squash in half, clean out insides, sprinkle a little salt and pepper, place in baking pan with a little water face side down for about 35-45mins.
 Next, because my chopping skills are as slow as a turtle, I put all the veggies in my mini food processor except the garlic.  I sauteed the veggies in a tsp of Coconut oil till soft...
 Then added the meat, including the glorious bacon!  Don't even think of skipping the bacon because this is your secret weapon and gives this dish all it's flavor!  One tip, I cooked the meat with a lid on the pan, to make sure it was thoroughly cooked through, plus it was faster.  Once meat is done, add tomato paste and Coconut milk, put on low to thicken.
Once the squash is done and still hot, cut into big pieces and peel skin off with a knife or scrape out with a spoon.  Place in a bowl...
And here it is!  Some quick notes...I also added about 3/4 cup of salsa instead of the tomato paste, just because I'm not a big fan of tomato paste.  Go ahead and add whatever spices you want.  I didn't go crazy with seasoning to keep it kid friendly for our house.  And I also made some whole wheat pasta for the kids just in case the squash didn't go over well...got to keep it real!  Hope you enjoy, love to hear your feedback about how the spice it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment