Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Friday, November 23, 2012

November 23rd...Oh no you didn't!

Oh no you didn't!...Oh yes I did!
B.A.D...first I'll start all my excuses. #1) I didn't eat enough before work, so after, I was starving...#2) Promised Chase if he behaved while I had to work, I'd get him and ice-cream cone, total bribery and quality parenting moment and #3) No real food at home to eat...not sure how I justified drive-thru at McDonald's as "real food!" I was craving fruit and as we went through the drive-thru, there it was...in all it's fake, yellow, chemical glory, the "Mango/Pineapple" smoothie!  OK I had a weak, lazy moment but I have to say it tasted pretty darn good...why you ask?
CAUSE THERE IS 49g OF SUGAR in that little glass!  That works out to be almost 12 tsp. of sugar!  No wonder I couldn't fall asleep.  I looked up the nutritional value and it scored a D+...REALLY!  It boasts only 220cals and says it's made with real fruit, but if you read the fine print, it contains less than 1% of any fruit added.  So if you drink this, know that I don't post this info to make you feel bad. I just hope that next time you have a choice to make, you will choose a healthier option...like real fruit...note to self, pack snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment