Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Follow the Leeder in Personal Training and Boot Camp!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WW Spaghetti w.Creamy Spinach Sauce

 OK got this recipe from my Mom, she made it and said it was awesome...now that I just had my second plate, I'd have to agree! So here it is, Weight Watchers Spaghetti w. Creamy Spinach Sauce.  I did add a couple extra things, like shrimp to up the protein value and at the end some sun dried tomatoes.


 A couple of simple ingredients...8 cups fresh spinach, 8oz. uncooked spaghetti (1/2 box), 1 small onion, 2 1/2 tsp minced garlic and 1 1/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese. 

 Get water boiling with a pinch of salt for the pasta.  Use a large skillet on med-high heat, add fresh spinach w.1/4 cup water to help steam the spinach down.  So when you measure out the spinach it seems like allot, but within minutes it shrinks down...I could of added more! Be sure to toss it often...this is not the time to go multi-task, like vacuum the house or fold laundry! 


See, not much left!  Remove and drain spinach, let cool.

   
Use a little olive oil, sauté onions and 2 1/2 tsp garlic for about 6-8mins...IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO GARLIC, skip it or use very little...now that I  have eaten, I'm VERY AWARE I just had garlic...just took one of my ant-acid pills...let ya know in an hour...

 Just before onions are done, I added some cooked shrimp for extra protein!  By this time your pasta should be done, drain and cool.


Add fat-free ricotta cheese, cooked spinach and mix together and then in a really big bowl, toss all of it together.  Last minute, I decided to add some sun-dried tomatoes, about 2 tblsp...don't go too crazy here, taste as you go!

Voilà! YUMMY!!  This has a WW value of 4 points, they say your serving size is 1 3/4 cups...that seems like allot.  I'd do half of that and a big salad.  The great thing about this recipe is, that you could add more vegetables or to really cut calories and not taste, roast or sauté your favourite veggie mix and add this as the sauce.  I don't have the calorie break down yet...I will get it and add later, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment